Twitter is the most cost-effective video advertising medium we currently have. If you have video content that you would like playing directly on Twitter with a view to paying for video advertising then here’s how to do it.
How to upload professional video content of any length to Twitter from a file on your desktop
- Launch Twitter on a desk top or laptop
- Click on your profile logo in between the ‘search Twitter’ field and the tweet button
- Select ‘Twitter ads’ from the drop down menu
- Click ‘Create new campaign’
- Select ‘Video views’ from the drop down menu (You’re not setting up a video ad at this stage. Simply using the ‘Create Ad’ feature to be able to upload and tweet your video)
- Scroll down to ‘Choose your creatives’
- Click your mouse in the field which says ‘compose your tweet here’. Once you have clicked this field notice the icon and click it
- Click the Video Library hyper-link (in Blue) at the top of the screen
- The ‘Videos’ page. Click the ‘upload a video’ button (In a green box). Select the video to upload from your files
- Once the video has uploaded click the blue ‘feather’ button next to your new video. Write out your tweet. Add in cal-to-action info.
Now tweet your tweet by clicking the Tweet button and you’re done!
Once you have done this it will take 3-4 days for Twitter to approve the tweet for advertising. When you advertise you need to consider whether ‘Video Views’ or ‘Website clicks and conversions’ will work best or be more cost effective.
Experimentation is absolutely key to understanding what works best for your business. Experiment with multiple ads and multiple audiences to gauge results and adjust your approach based on the performance of your ads.
When the tweet is available for advertising it will no longer have the words ‘tweet is in review’ when you select it from the advertising page. When you set up your ad you select the ‘existing tweet’ button on the right and tick your new tweet.